Natural disaster is something you never know when it can take place. It is something with which entire world having to deal with. Most of us do not even think situation will come where they have to face a really serious disaster or emergency. Such disaster is a reality out of which some can affect for long time while some can be simple short-term power outages. It can be a situation where you might have already faced it, but you werenât ready with the emergency.
Keep in mind what a man need for his basic survival at such point of time is air, water and food. Here is some basic food which you should keep in your kitchen so that you can be prepared for natural disasters or any state of emergency. This article is the best guideline for you to be prepared for it.
Tips for a disaster
1. To keep dried or canned food can be real life saver in these situations. Get food of low sodium varieties and store them in a cool, dry place. Remember to mark the purchase date on the product.
2. There are many shelf-stable items which are not canned. Look for stock, dried fruits, stock and broth in boxes, and snack items which you can store without needing fridge.
3. People can eat dry cereals without milk as a snack. Other than this pasteurized milk which is made available these days can be good for 6 months. Other backup can be evaporated and powered canned milk.
4. There are many fruits and vegetables that can remain good for long time. Bananas, grapes, onions, celery, apples, tomatoes, heads of lettuce, squash and other such product that can stay for long if they are kept in dark place.
5. It is always good to keep oxygen absorbers that can your food from getting stale.
6. Water is necessary staple which you should keep always to survive. It is not only necessary for drinking but also for re hydrating dried foods. At least a gallon of water per day is needed by every person so keep the stock accordingly.
7. You should always have the parmesan cheese in the green can on hand. You can keep it at room temperature after you open the package. It is always good to keep in an emergency pantry.
8. Dehydrated products like mushroom and onions with canned vegetable juices can be good for stews, soups, Dutch oven meals with the advantage of minimizing the need for added salt.
Some helpful tips
1. It is assumed that a person needs 2,000 calories everyday for his survival, which means you will need around 60,000 calories per person for a monthâs supply.
2. Keep things like paper plates, disposable, aluminum baking trays, paper towels and, plastic utensils. It can be a good source at the time of water shortage.
3. It is always better to keep the supply of plastic bags for the non-burnable trash.
4. A month of supply of food should be kept to be prepared for natural disaster.
Some people can stay for long without food and survive if water as well. However, you never know how worst situation can become in future. Hence it is better to plan everything in advance. It is well said that people who are prepared always have the best chance to survive a crisis. So keep above things in mind and secure your life.