Today big kitchens can’t be imagined without hi-tech appliances or in them. It is hard to wonder how difficult life would be without a coffee maker or microwave. It would be simply unbearable without a refrigerator. The garbage disposal eases our work with quick deal of food scraps. Your appliances do a lot for you and in return ask for a little attention. Let us look into how you could treat them well.
A fresh and new Coffee Maker
- A new paper filter in the basket works well. Place it well to absorb the sediments and other debris.
- Make a half mixture of white vinegar and water, and pour it into the coffee pot. Turn it on and let the mixture run through a brewing cycle.
- Pour the mixture out once the cycle is complete, and pour in a pot of clean water in it.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of baking soda and turn it on. Continue the brewing cycle. This removes the vinegar and other sediments.
- If baking soda keeps bubbling up, it indicates the vinegar is still in the machine. So continue the brewing cycle again.
- At last, wipe the coffee maker with a dishcloth dampened in hot baking soda water.
Give your Microwave a spark
- Put a freshly cut lemon in a microwave-safe bowl of water and place it in the microwave.
- Zap it on high voltage for five minutes.
- Take it out after 10 minutes and it will loosen food debris and absorb odors.
- Wipe the oven interior with a cloth dampened in a mixture of baking soda and water (one teaspoon of baking soda per cup of water).
Ice your Garbage Disposal
- Throw 6-7 ice cubes down the drain and turn the water and garbage disposal on. This dislodges and removes the smelly food debris stuck in the disposal blades. The running water washes it off.
- To get a fresh smell, place lemon pieces or peels down the drain and run the disposal.
Clean the Refrigerator Coils
- The crevice tool of your Vacuum cleaner works best to clean the refrigerator coils. Try pulling the refrigerator off from the wall to clean the backside.
- Remove the front panel and clean the dust from lower portions properly, as the dust and dirt affects the cooling efficiency of the appliance.
To ensure the efficiency and durability of your home appliances you need to clean them properly at regular intervals. Moreover, unsoiled and sparkling appliances ensure complete hygiene within the kitchen.